Buletstorm has been launch and, as expected, it’s a really cool first person shooter. Even better, it has barely any problems like crashes and freezes, which makes it a real surprise in the gaming world of today. However, some users are complaining that they’re receiving a Failed to Initialize PhysX error message in Bulletstorm (the complete error being something like “Failed to Initialize PhysX Hardware Acceleration FATAL ERROR – EXITING”) when they want to start the game. In this article, I will share with you a few tricks to try and solve this problem the game has.
Forum user brunothebardber has a possible (and very complex) solution for this problem:
Install the latest NVidia drivers, which installs a bunch of phsyx DLL files here:
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common
Copy all the DLL files from there and paste/overwrite the Bulletstorm LOCAL Phsyx DLL files (to a path similar to the one below, if you Install by Steam):
D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\bulletstorm\Binaries\ Win32\PhysXLocal
and for safe measure here as well:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\bulletstorm\Binaries\ Win32
This fixed the problem and I hope it helps you!
If not, you can try the second possible solution listed below:
1. Delete the StormEngine.ini in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\My Games\BulletStorm\StormGame\Config
2. Open the BaseEngine.ini with Notepad in \Bulletstorm\Engine\Config
3. Press STRG+F paste this: bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=True
4. Click on search
5. Change the value from True to False, like this: bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=False
6. Close notepad and save the file.
7. Try to start Bulletstorm
I hope that you manage to fix the Bulletstorm PhysX error message and enjoy the game!