Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Update Brings Deathmatch, Major Changes
Huge changes brought in by the latest Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update, one that sees major weapon changes and re-balance features, as well as the introduction of a brand new game mode in the game: Deathmatch. Even more, the thing that made old Counter-Strike so nice – custom maps – is finally ready to become real with a private beta for the Map Workshop. So yes, a big update today!
So here is a list of the latest major changes brought in by the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Update:
– A new game mode has been added to matchmaking and offline play: Deathmatch.
– Weapon balance and recoil were adjusted with pro community input ( Thanks to J3Di, NiP, VeryGames, ESC, 4NOT, mTw, and FM TOXiC )
– In addition to global changes that affect all weapons, specific adjustments have been made to: rifles, pistols, and the P90.
– Weapon purchasing changes:
– The AWP’s kill reward was increased from $50 to $100.
– The Glock is now a Terrorist only weapon.
– The FiveseveN is now a CT only weapon.
– The Terrorists’ molotov price has been reduced to $500. The CT’s incendiary grenade remains $850.
– Note that the pistol arrangement has changed in the buymenu.
– The messaging system has been converted to protobuf.
– Demos recorded with previous versions of CS:GO will not be compatible as of this update. In order to view old demos, set your ‘beta’ to ‘demo_viewer’ in the CS:GO betas property panel, in Steam. Don’t forget to set it back to ‘NONE’ when you want to play online again.
For the complete list, check out this page and have fun playing the new game mode!